April 13, 2015 – Let’s take a quick look at APMP’s 2014 Certification Stats and compare them with 2013 numbers. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves to believe how well our certification planning, execution and the resulting growth are going.
APMP is quickly becoming known as a go-to-association to model a certification program after because like the old Ronco television commercial used to say, “It really, really works.” To date, the Society of Technical Communicators and the Association of Strategic Alliance Partnerships have each reached out to APMP over the last few months to ask how we do it.
Let’s go to the numbers:
- APMP Foundation Level Certification increased 11 percent from 2013 (909) to 2014 (1,013).
- APMP Practitioner was only down four percent in 2014 (90) to 2013 (94).
- APMP Professional Level Certification was off 37 percent from in 2014 (10) to 2013 (16).
- Overall APMP had nine percent increase in total certification from 2013 (1,019) to 2014 (1,113).
What a difference 10 years makes when we launched the APMP Certification program in 2004. The yearly totals were slightly more conservative:
- Foundation had 55 early adopters
- Practitioner had a grand total of one
- and we had zero at the Professional Level
We are we growing so consistently 10 years later?
- APMP’s Director of Certification Charlie Divine is on top of every detail of the program
- Our Approved Training Organizations (ATOs) are championing the program throughout the world
- Our members trust and believe in certification (thanks again Charlie and ATOs)
- We’ve proven through research that those who are Foundation Level certified earn more thank those who aren’t and separate themselves professionally in the company from those who aren’t certified
Are you still reading? If so send an e-mail to email@example.com saying “I’m Still Reading” in the subject line along with your contact information and we will enter you in the drawing to receive one of two free APMP Foundation Level Certification Exams ($400 USD value) presented by APMP to one winner in the US and one non-US winner. Deadline to receive your entry is Thursday April 16, 2015 at 5:00 PM EDT, USA. The winners will be announced on Friday, April 17, 2015 and you must be a current APMP member to win.